MICHELIN X TRA DEFEND
Designed to resist
- Exceptional wear life
- Higher TKPH
- Better aggression resistance
MICHELIN X TRA DEFEND in action:
MICHELIN XTRA DEFEND
Why choose this tyre?
Exceptional wear life
Exceptional wear life (1) (3) thanks to a deeper tread pattern and more rubber to be worn:
- +10% vs GOODYEAR GP-4D
- +17% vs MICHELIN X-SUPER TERRAIN
Picto xtra defend rubber Tyre
Higher TKPH (3) (5) than competitors:
• Size 23.5 R25:
MICHELIN® X®TRA DEFEND™: 192 TKPH
BRIDGESTONE® VLTS: 161 TKPH
• Size 29.5 R25:
MICHELIN® X®TRA DEFEND™: 246 TKPH
BRIDGESTONE® VLTS: 225 TKPH
Picto xtra defend tkph Tyre
Better aggression resistance
More damage-resistant construction (1) (2) with protection shield on the crown and on the sidewalls and more mass metal on the summit.
picto xtra defend 2 help and advice
MICHELIN XTRA DEFEND – Plato Marble / Marmara Island (Turkey)
RELATED SERVICES AND SOLUTIONS
Monitor tyre temperature and pressure of your mine and quarry vehicles with ease.
Thanks to the innovative MICHELIN Temperature and Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) offer, ensures you get the best performance from your tyre, improve safety of your employees and increase your productivity.
Request tailored recommendations to increase your site productivity
Need to reduce your operational cost, increase tyre life, or load of your vehicle while ensuring safety of your staff, ... Our expert team are here to identify the best improvement areas for YOUR site.
|Product||MICHELIN XTRA DEFEND - 23.5R25|
|Overall Diameter||1628 mm|
|Section width||615 mm|
|Rolling circumference (mm)||5586|
|Filling volume 100% (lts)||658|
|Tread depth||54 mm|
|Loaded radius||826 mm|
Pressures (bar and psi) & Loads (kg and lbs)
|(kg - lbs) articulated-dump-truck-group-1|
The inflation pressure must always be appropriate for the load per tyre, the speed of travel and the work to be done. Our recommendations above are provided subject to changes made after the date of publication of these tables (December 2020). Technical data is subject to change without prior notice.
picto visuel contact hero image yellow bib heart tyre
Find out more…
Find all the technical and commercial information you need in our product data sheet:
(1) Internal comparison with the MICHELIN® X®AD 65, same sizes.
(2) Internal comparison with the MICHELIN® X®-SUPER TERRAIN™+.
(3) 875/65 R29 X®TRA DEFEND™ compared with competitors’ tyres of the same sizes. Data drawn from the Michelin® 2017 Databook, the BRIDGESTONE® OTR 2016 Databook and the Goodyear® 2017 Databook.
(4) Internal comparison with the 29.5 R25 MICHELIN® X®-SUPER TERRAIN™+, ground trial measurements certified by the Michelin Technology Centre, with 36 tyres tested between 2012 and 2017.
(5) Data drawn from the Michelin® 2017 Databook and the BRIDGESTONE® OTR 2016 Databook.